Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The Open Learning Group is a distance education enabler of choice, supporting the teaching and learning journey in all education institutions and achieving increased throughput of graduates within South Africa with an increasing footprint into Africa.
OLG provides an articulation pathway of qualifications within the Logistics and Supply Chain Management field of expertise. OLG is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private Higher Education Institution; Skills Development Provider through the QCTO and is accredited with the ETDP SETA with extension of scope at TETA and W&RSETA.
What is Distance Learning and Is it Right for Me?
At the Open Learning Group you can study at your own pace, without the need to be on campus. You connect to fellow students and your lecturers via the Internet, which means there are no daily lectures. You can thus control when, how and where you study. In other words, your qualification is all about you.
About our specialist articulation pathway
The Open Learning Group (OLG) logistics and supply chain qualifications range from:
- - Further Education Training (FET) learnerships (NQF Level 2 through to NQF Level 5) and;
- - Higher Education and Training (HET) qualifications (NQF Level 5 through to a BBA degree at NQF Level 7)
Our range of qualifications can therefore address the skills requirements of every level of employee in an organisation.
We also provide personalised and integrated student support throughout the students' study journey, in order to increase their potential to graduate successfully. The advantage of this is that students are then also able to drive their own career development. Likewise, companies who have identified aspiring and potential managers are able to implement a career development plan for them by developing these employees' management and technical skills, through OLG’s articulation pathway.
HIGHER EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- BBA Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Higher Certificate in Logistics Management
LEARNERSHIPS AND SKILLS PROGRAMMES
- National Certificate: Freight Handling
- National Certificate: Freight Forwarding and Customs Compliance
- National Certificate: Road Transport
- National Certificate: Road Transport Supervision
- National Certificate: Supply Chain Management
- National Certificate: Wholesale and Retail Distribution
- National Certificate: Wholesale and Retail Operations
- National Certificate: Wholesale and Retail Operations Supervision
- National Certificate: Wholesale and Retail Operations Specialising in Forecourt Supervision
OLG's methodology is working great for me as the study material not only tests your book knowledge but forces you to think outside of the box and to apply it in your current work environment through various case studies that you encounter in your books and study guide.
Mark Thomas Leak, OLG BBA Degree in Logistics and Supply chain management student
I started with the Higher Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and currently busy with the Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. The logistics industry is massive not only in South Africa but the rest of the world, although not many people are aware of this. Opportunities are not limited and you can most definitely not go wrong with this qualification. My advice is to go for it and make the most of it.
Gareth Hans, OLG Team Leader and Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management student
During my studies at OLG I met other students and collaborated with them. The student support I received really assisted me and there was less chance of not completing the programme because of the amount of support I was given.
Justin Marimuthoo, Higher Certificate in Logistics Management.