HIGHER CERTIFICATE IN BUSINESS LITERACY
NQF LEVEL 5
icb programme in business literacy
ICB PROGRAMME in business literacy
Whether you are a manager or small business owner, it is critical to understand key principles of business communication and numeracy. These skills will enable you to function effectively in an organisation or business environment.
• The key principles of effective business communication
• Spoken communication
• Written communication
• Work readiness
• Working with numbers: an introduction
• Working with fractions and decimal numbers
• Percentages, ratios, proportions and equations
• Using interest rates in business
• Measure, analyse and communicate workplace data
• Business communication – Putting it all together
• Business numeracy
The learner will be assessed on a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE), summative and formative assessments.
DURATION AND MODE OF DELIVERY
Upon The duration for this course is 3 months and is delivered through face-ro-face classes
• Grade 10 (Std 8) or equivalent
• No prior accounting knowledge needed
• You must be at least 16 years old
POSSIBLE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
• Business consultant
• Sales and marketing
This programme must be completed within a minimum of one year and a maximum of three years.
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
- Procurement Manager
- Procurement Specialist/ Coordinator
- Buyer / Merchandiser
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Open Learning Group (Pty) Ltd ‐ Reg No. 1997/020392/07 a subsidiary of Open Learning Holdings (Pty) Ltd ‐ Reg No. 1998/009375/07 Open Learning Group is registered with the
Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997 ‐ Registration Certificate No.: 2009/HE07/005.