ADVANCED LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
ADVANCED LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
Successful logistics and supply chain management is based on sound development, evaluation and implementation of logistic and supply chain principles. This short learning programme (SLP) will benefit individuals who:
- want to upskill themselves in a specific area in the logistics and supply chain industry;
- want to study but have time constraints; or
- need to sharpen their workplace skills in a specific area.
IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR ME?
This short learning programme will suit senior managers in the logistics industry who want to enhance their knowledge and skills in relation to the different systems as well as co-dependencies in the environment.
WHAT CAN STUDENTS EXPECT
After successful completion of this short learning programme, you will be able to:
- Describe how information systems and technology relate to logistics and supply chains
- Apply the appropriate information systems applications for different strategic scenarios
- Discuss the importance of logistics channel strategy and network design
- Apply the systems analysis process methodology to develop a new logistics strategy
- Describe the traditional approaches to aligning supply and demand
- Explain new approaches to solving supply- and demand-related problems
- Discuss the risk management concept and the impact on supply chain management
- Discuss the importance of contract management in logistics
- Define the contract management process activities
- Explain the role B-BBEE plays in logistics
- Identify the challenges involved in implementing a B-BBEE strategy
- Explain the importance of strategic management in logistics
- Select a suitable supply chain strategy for different products and services offered
We offer these programmes as three-day contact sessions or six months distance learning.
OPTION 1:THREE-DAY CONTACT SESSIONS These sessions can be done in-house at a company and allows:
- Three days of focused contact sessions that offer a compact, yet value-filled approach to the area of learning
- Flexibility: contact sessions can be offered at your company premises
- Training from industry experts that includes practical, on-the-job/real-time advice
OPTION 2: SIX MONTHS DISTANCE LEARNING
Once registered for the SLP, students will receive login details to the Student Portal where they can access their material electronically. Study material will also be sent to students and they will be notified of contact sessions where they will interact with facilitators. Students must be able to access the Internet in order to access Moodle, OLG’s online learning platform.
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Open Learning Group (Pty) Ltd ‐ Reg No. 1997/020392/07 a subsidiary of Open Learning Holdings (Pty) Ltd ‐ Reg No. 1998/009375/07 Open Learning Group is registered with the
Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997 ‐ Registration Certificate No.: 2009/HE07/005.